Molloy's Chili cook-off highlight

hello readers, yesterday I attended the molloy's 35th  chili cook-off event. there were lots of people from city folks to good friends and neighbors

first when I walked in I saw liza a councilwoman she asked if I was competing and said not this year. but will be competing in September at south city recreation chili cook-off

and then saw Judy a friend of me and my dad's and she is one of the committee members for the south city rec chili cook-off I told her I have a new recipe I perfected made with pork and salsa verde. and she will be handing out flyers to all the contestants soon!


and then saw my neighborhood friend Amy  one of the albera twins and her dad bill and I asked about their mom I just wish she would be at the event, but we had fun! though

and then guess who crashed into the party My grandma viola and she was with her friend jenny and I called mom and said my grandma just showed up and she laughed so did my dad. it was fun to see her

other than that I tasted some awesome chili verdes, just a good as mine I am going to enter in September and also tasted some salsa dips and bean dips that was fun!

there was great music raffle and all the fun and I won a raffle I got a whiskey gift basket from Michael Collins

so heres a recap of the event included some photos so hope you enjoy!

 this is one of the competiors from the ICS and they made one of the chili verde recipes
 this is another one of the competiors from the ICS and they also made another chil verde recipes
this is my raffle I won at the event, it was such a fun! next year I am going to compete next year in the community division and will work on more chili recipes but only came up with 2 so far. this September will be doing a pork chili verde using ground pork so will update as I go!


so next year the 2015 chili cook-off at molloy's bar in colma will be in may and will be competing then! so enjoy!  see you next year!

Comments

  1. excellent reporting Ava! I was unable to go so I am glad to hear all about it from you. You motivate me to want to enter as well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment