How to Caramelized a onion 101

hello readers, let's go back to basics  shall we? so I made caramelized onions you can use in 2 recipes, I will use them on a patty melts and the other will be going on my caramelized onion goat cheese pizza in the next blog. so here a tips and photos of how it comes together so here you go!

in this picture I start adding 1 onion, sliced into a stock pot along with 1 packet of stevia plant based sugar or tsp of brown sugar will work too, with a seasoning of salt In olive oil and that is the beginning stage for 10 minutes

 when it starts to brown I add a ltitle water to prevent from scorching and let it carmelized for for 15-20 minutes until a deep golden caramel color forms. then turn off the heat and transfer to a container
then you have homemade caramelized onions, ready to go! and boom!

so on my next blog will post a pizza recipe soon, so stay tuned for that!

Comments