Cheesy Egg Cassserole

hello reader's yesterday and today I made a cheesy egg casserole for my niece Penelope's 1st birthday and will be bringing the dish soon for my sister's in law's and me and sister's friend kim who is visiting from Seattle WA with her 2 children Oliver and Sloane so this cheesy egg casserole recipe came from one of the former El camino high school General Ed Teacher Ms. Jan Speller, my brother Billy took 10th Grade English class with her  and I was in the GSA club she was the supervising instructor for the club I did for a year for 12th grade with some of my classmates Like Allie McKay who was president of the club, she told me about the club prior to that, so I decide to join and I was one of the only straight people to be in the club, its all about respect regradness of gender, weight etc. and I believe in that, so that's another subject so I wanted to share ms.speller's recipe with you and please make them for potluck, I would not cook this on a daily basis its for special occasions like today so xoxo Chef Ava




Cheesy Egg Casserole
Recipe from Ms.Speller
6 eggs
1lb cheddar cheese shredded
1/2 lb swiss cheese shredded
2 1/2 cups milk
10-12 slices sourdough bread, ok to leave crusts on
1 4 oz can diced green chilies

method
butter an 13x9 inch baking dish. line bottom with bread, cut a slice to fill in spaces ,if needed
in a medium bowl whisk eggs, and milk with beater sprinkle 1/2 cheese over bread. pour 1/2 egg mixture over cheese sprinkle with 1/2 chilies on top make second layer of bread. repeat sequence refridgerate overnight bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour at 350 degrees. enjoy!

Comments